puush is a quick and simple way to share screenshots.
We're making some important changes to puush and want to inform you of how it will affect our service.
When we first conceived puush in 2010, we wanted to create a straightforward way to help us quickly share what was on our screens. Since then, we’ve seen a massive uptake and tremendous support from our users. The problem is that a tremendous majority of puushes aren’t being accessed again after 24 hours - in fact, only 10% of puushes are accessed after a month.
puush to us is a quick way to share things on our screens. puush is not a data warehouse.
We do not wish to become a "file locker", "file storage" or backup service. There are plenty of other solutions out there that do a much better job of this (e.g. Dropbox), so what we want to do is this:
- Stop offering permanent storage, and screenshots will expire after not being accessed for:
- Free users: 1 month
- Pro users: up to 6 months
- Remove the 200mb limit for free users
- Offer an optional Dropbox “sync” for pro users (i.e. automatically save a copy to dropbox)
How this will affect you after the 1st of August 2013:
- You will no longer have an account storage limits. Feel free to puush as much as you want!
- We are going to start expiring screenshots. At this point, any screenshots which haven't been recently viewed by anyone will be automatically deleted after 1 month, or up to 6 months for pro users.
- If you wish to grab a copy of your screenshots before this begins, you can download an archive from your My Account page (Account -> Settings -> Pools -> Export).
As an example, if you have puush'd images which are being used on a forum, as long as that thread is visited at least once a month (or up to 6 months as a pro user) your screenshots will always be accessible.
We have some more awesome changes coming to our service in the near future! If you have any questions about these changes, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
For those interested in switching across to pro, we have made the payment options available again here.
The puush team